Valley Bushveld Safaris

Hunting FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

This is the most commonly voiced concern. We are committed to preserving your health and safety. You can be rest assured that the areas you would tour are free of civil conflict. Your safety is our greatest concern.

Absolutely! Your companion can accompany the hunters, observe the wildlife and take magnificent pictures. Otherwise, companions can enjoy relaxing at camp, reading, shopping and sightseeing.

> refer to Day Trips / Excursions

No, but it is advisable to bring along bug spray or insect repellent.

Traditional South African dishes which include game pies and other recipes, beef, pork, lamb, pasta, soup, veggies and salads.
We do African style barbeques over an open fire which is absolutely the best.
If you have special dietary requirements then you need to let us know to plan accordingly.

To drink we have various coffees, tea, Milo, hot chocolate.
Each room has a bar fridge which will be stocked with bottled water, cooldrinks, beer and any of your special requests.
Alcoholic drinks will be available at the main bar also.

> refer to Accommodation

A 10% gratuity is the norm at most establishments.

  • One Rand (R) = 100 cents (c).
  • Notes issued R200, R100, R50, R20, R10; coins R5, R2, R1, 50c, 20c, 10c and 5c.
  • Currency exchange rates are available at banks and published daily in the press.

Some of the most commonly sought trophies that we specialize in are: blesbuck, white blesbuck, duiker, gemsbuck, waterbuck, impala, kudu, springbuck and black springbuck.

> refer to Tariffs & Rates

Yes. Notify Valley Bushveld Safaris prior to your visit, preferably when bookings are made.

> refer to Firearms & Permits

Yes. This can be arranged with any airline. Contact Valley Bushveld Safaris for full details. You will need a calibre in .30-06, 7mm, .300 mag or .375 H&H. Use premium bullets of 160 grain or heavier. You will need about 80 rounds of ammo.

> refer to Firearms & Permits

You only need to obtain a permit if you wish to hunt an animal listed under CITES 1. You must apply for an import permit with your local authority for importing into your country of domicile, prior to your Safari commencing. We apply for the export permit from SA.

Power supply is available at our main lodges and it is 220/240 volt 50 cycle with three point plugs. Please bring your cellphone and camera chargers and adapters with you. We will supply a wall adapter to take your equipment not standard to ours.